30 May 2011

Liese Bubble Hair Dye in Chestnut Brown

Hello! Hope everyone's enjoying their school holidays!
Well I sure am, after having to finally dye my hair for the first time. HEEE. I thought of coloring my hair a couple of months ago, that's when I decided to buy the Leise Bubble Hair Dye. I asked Melissa's opinion on it since she has tried Liese's Bubble Hair Dye before and coincidentally she was using the same color that I had bought! I wanted something subtle and natural looking so I went for Liese's second darkest color -- Chestnut Brown. 


I got my hair dye from Sasa. They were having their weekly sale, so it was discounted to RM34 if I'm not mistaken. They even gave me a free mask and a tiny butterfly keychain :)

Hmm, I would say this hair dye is rather fun to do on a little DIY weekend. But I would recommend getting someone to help you on your first try. Like my mom, she helped me out with this one, and since my hair is kind of short I had left overs so she joined the fun x)

MUST DO's:
>> Be in a well ventilated area/ with mini fan or opened windows. This is cause the dye gives out a really really strong ammonia smell, it has already been more than 24hours and yet the smell is still in my hair!
>> Apply oil base product eg.Petroleum Jelly on forehead, ears and neck to avoid staining.
>> Wear some raggy-ol' t-shirt or just cut a plastic bag a tie it around your neck, like what I did. 
>> Wear gloves, duh.
& have fun :D


End results under sunlight.
It's only noticeable when the light hits, but indoors hardly anyone notices it. Unless you actually knew how black my hair was previously, it would be really obvious. Well maybe I'm speaking too soon, cause Melissa says it'll get lighter and lighter after more washes. So we'll see... Overall I guess I'm pretty satisfied with this product. Go give it a try since it's the holidays! 



Tuned into: Don't Let Me Go - The Click Five


Nickynic

3 comments:

Con Heo said...

If your hair is a virgin black hair and using chestnut brown to dye your hair, how did the brown show up? It looks really pretty :) Did you cover your hair in a shower cap or something?

nicole cheong said...

Hey, Con Heo. Yeap my hair was virgin black, it showed up pretty well noticeable even in indoors. Color gets slightly lighter after a few washes. But it was my first time doing it hence didn't really get an even application throughout. my second time was better coverage :) Nope no need for a shower cap, just leave it on would do :)

Con Heo said...

So after a few washes, what color does it turn too? Orangy brown? Reddish brown?