20 October 2012

The day she felt so invisible

As I was rocking "the thinker" pose awaiting the arrival of the never-punctual-teachers of the 21century, Helena interrupted me with a sudden nudge to my left arm that sent me jumpin' just a little there. As I presume, yeap, there Jeremiah was with his posse of female acquaintances, chuckling to his every speech, tailing his every move. I took a slight glance through the slits of my hair so they wouldnt know I was watching, he...was so happy. However, Helena here hasn't let out a laugh in centuries, smiles of hers looked forced, as though this guy sucked the living out of her soul. Their voices were like echoes that kept on going. Helena shut her ears just so their witty talks wouldn't interrupt her peace. It worked for that very moment but, their presence still bit her. As though their laughters were directed straight towards her, never before she felt so ashamed, embarrassed, small.

No comments: