23 January 2014

REVIEW: The Body Shop | Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder


Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02: Fair Matte


I've always been a big fan of bronzers. Though in Malaysia, it is very hard to find quality yet budget friendly make up, especially bronzers. Drug stores brands which I do know for a fact carry bronzers don't carry them here in Malaysia, which is so sad.

Early last year I stumbled upon this beauty while strolling through The Body Shop, it's called their Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder. I knew The Body Shop carried bronzers but they were the kind filled with sparkles and I wasn't fond of the idea of being a sparkly bronzed up doll. But to my surprise, this Honey Bronzer didn't have shimmer in it, pure matte brown bronzer to perfection, I knew I had to get it. I got mine in the shade 03: Medium Matte, for RM 69.00.

For short, I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEE this bronzer. It doesn't give an orangey tone like some bronzers do. It certainly doesn't look muddy at all. The pigmentation for the bronzer is buildable to your liking. I personally use this bronzer with a contour brush, swipe it under my cheekbones, along my temple and jaw, this gives the face a more sculpted look and a healthy bronze effect.


L-R : Shade 02: Fair Matte ,  03: Medium Matte
Swatches L-R:  02 Fair Matte, 03 Medium Matte, 04 Deep Matte.
Swatch credited to : http://beautykissxo.blogspot.com/

Now, I've certainly hit pan-broken top-scratched up cover (Much love indeed) with my 03: Medium Matte one. Hence, I was on a hunt for a new one. But as usual, stores in KL no longer carry the Honey Bronzer line, correct me if I'm wrong. But lucky me, I was on holiday in Kota Kinabalu and had a chance to get my hands on them at the K.K Airport. However, the darkest shade they had was 02: Fair Matte, but I still got it anyways. It's a tad bit lighter than 03, but like I said the colour is very much buildable. However, I would still say I prefer the shade 03: Medium matte, less hassle, less product used.


PROS:
- No shimmer!, completely matte
- Buildable colour.
- Not muddy
- Not orangey
- Nice packaging with cute honeycomb design with faint honey smell.

CONS:
Been using this bronzer for over a year now, honestly I just love it, no outstanding cons so far besides...
- Tough to find in The Body Shop stores ( in Malaysia)

Both Essie Button (This bronzer has even made her Top 10 products of 2013) & Miss Glamorazzi have both jumped on the bandwagon with this bronzer. To know that makes my everyday face routine even more enjoyable :3


Available on The Body Shop UK website. 


No comments: