21 July 2014

REVIEW: The Balm | Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter





Highlighting may not be the most important step in your make-up routine. However, if you are like me you'd agree it is one of the most important steps not to miss! From creams, to liquids, to powders, highlighters comes in all forms, and shades as well.

I've heard heaps about this particular highlighter from The Balm, and most definitely from my all time favourite beauty blogger/vlogger Estee (EssieButton!). I had this product on the back of my head for quite sometime now. One day strolling in SASA, I found myself staring at it. For it was quite pricey for just a highlighter, I hesitated. Hogging The Balm counter I was, making a gazillion swatches, like I not already how much of a beauty it was. Ah, fudge it, just get it. and oh boy, it was a well RM65 spent.

Boy I was wrong for saying it was "just a highlighter". For starters, this highlighter is a yellowy-champagne-tone highlighter. The texture of it is like butter on your finger tips, so soft. The pigmentation of it is out of this world as well. I particularly enjoyed this highlighter as it distinctively highlights and brings so much light to the face without having glitter flakes on your face.



Having said that it is an extremely pigmented highlighter, you may want to use a brush and a light hand when applying this highlighter onto the high points of your face. I use the Real Techniques Contour brush to dust this onto my cheekbones, and the Urban Decay Naked I palette brush to apply it onto my brow bone and down the bridge of my nose, cupids bow and inner corners of my eyes. This highlighter is also works great as an all-over-the lid champagne coloured eye shadow.

Overall thoughts, best powder highlighter I've tried so far. Comment below if you think there's a highlighter out there that could top this that I should try!

Till the next post, lovies x.

No comments: