21 March 2011

CIMB KL Open Squash Championship 2011



Well as you can see in this photo right here, Blitzerz was at the semi finals and finals of the CIMB KL Open Squash Championship held in Berjaya Times Square last weekend, where our very own Nicol David  emerged triumphant for the 7th time! She was up against Word No. 6 Madeline Perry of Ireland in the finals. Nicol took just 34 minutes to win the match 11-6, 11-6, 11-2. However, in the men's finals, both from Egypt, world No.3 Karim Darwish beat Mohamed El Shorbagy 11-9, 11-9, 11-3 in a game of 53 minutes. That match in particular was really exiting to watch as the 2 men's scores were really close! 

As cheerleaders, we were invited to perform for them in between matches. Got there early on Day 1 for makeup. Vinyi and Amanda were just darls to volunteer themselves to help with the makeup. After getting our makeup done, we then head in the court for some warm up. After that we went to grab a bite, practically raided the whole Cold Storage. 

Soon after lunch we were told to be seated down as the game was about to start. Us cheerleaders were given seats directly behind the players, so it was really a fan girl moment for all of us. Funniest part is when the guy players take their shirts off in between matches to change to another one, and of course the camera would be facing the players, you couldn't imagine how much Ashley and I were trying not to laugh. 

We were told to only perform three routines a day, but we ended up doing five on Day 1. I was so eager for it to make it on live TV, that I'd already set it for recording at home. Came home and watch through it, to find only a glimpse of our routine for Day 1. However on Day 2, careless me forgot to set recording and BAM, NOTHING! :(  Mom said they aired it on TV, so hating myself for this. 

Performance wise I think we did great! All stunts went up for all 7 routines, succeeded the 21 front walks I did in total for 2 days, Mel's side aerial is getting better by the try, not to forget Yuzana's front walk, and everyone else's. Great job!


Here are some pictures I took. More at Facebook
Here we are rushing to get our makeup done. 
Lunch at our so called "Japanese styled" restaurant. (it was just a bench in the middle of no where)
Shorbagy and his coach.
Nicol David and her coach.
Us asking Nicol David for her autograph. Didn't manage to bring anything for her to sign on the first day, so I asked her to sign my clappers which was given there.


DAY 2
Packed audience on Day 2
Nicol David and Madeline Perry's match.
Blitzerz with Madeline Perry.
Blitzerz with Nicol David.
Nicol and I. Was right behind her. 
Nicol was kind enough to sign my jersey on the second day. IKR, basketball? I couldn't think of anything else!

The half routine, on DAY 1

Overall, it was a great but exhausting experience, really enjoyed myself. Now, I think i caught the flu :(
BYE.


Nickynic




No comments: