04 February 2011

Chinese New Year Day 1

 Top: Phat Culture, Shorts: Miccaz

This is basically what I wore for Day 1. Didn't buy it specifically for Chinese New Year, but the beige top manage to arrive a few days before Chinese New Year, since it was new I decided to go with it then. Although Mom gave me RM100 (she was rather generous that morning) for me to find a decent top, having to raid a total of 3 shopping malls but to find nothing, I count that as failing miserably. Plus, I had Angie by my side most of the time, double fail :(

The morning of Day 1 was started of by the usual tea ceremony. It's a Cheong tradition to have the tea ceremony every Chinese New Year. Basically, it's where the young ones serve the elderly tea while saying a couple of auspicious phrases to bless them, and only after that we'll receive what every kid's longing for every Chinese New Year - Red Packets, also known as the 'Ang Pao'. We usually have our family tea ceremony at home first before leaving for my Aunt's place to have another tea ceremony there. But this time, for my grandmother.





Dress: Phat Culture, Cropped Jacket: Blaq Magik

too early for Yee Sang? 

Dinner at Super Tanker with the relatives on mom's side. Cousins who just came down from Kluang were there too, had a great time hearing about what they have been up to lately. Most of them are furthering their studies out station, man makes me wonder where am I gonna be no wait, what am I gonna do in the next 3 years time. Well, I just have to wait and see what interests me :)       & no Angie, not a Ninja.


Nickynic

No comments: