02 February 2011

Lace Detailed French Manicure

YES! I repainted them from the Red Ah Poh Nails to this sheer pink beauty. Added the peal bracelets into this picture cause I thought it suited the whole pretty princessy feel. I got many questions regarding this Lace Detailed Mani when I did them last year. So, I thought I'd do a tutorial on Lace Detailed Manicures. 

To accomplish this lace detailed French manicure. You'll need ... 

1. Base Colour. (Estee Lauder Ballerina Pink)
2. Top Coat. (Ianti Top Coat with Pink Tint)
3. Tip Colour. (Konad Black Special Polish)  
4. Paper Towel. 
5. Stamper. 
6. Q Tips.
7. Scrapper. 
8. Konad Plates (I'm using M19 & M57)

When it comes to Konad, a paper towel is a must! Things will get messy so, the paper towel helps.
Plus, you can reuse for the next time you use Konads ;)

Alright, Lace Detailed French Mani.
First: Paint your base colour. 
I'm using Estee Lauder's Ballerina Pink. It's a very sheer pink, so this required 3 coats to achieve full coverage. 

Second: Using Konad M19, stamp the French Tips in Black over your fully dried nails.

*It's really important that your nails are completely dry before you start stamping on different konads.*

Third: Using Konad M57, stamp the lace details slightly below the dried French Tips. 

Forth: Use your Top Coat to seal everything down. I used one with a slight pink tint to is cause I found the Base Color a little bit too sheer. It needed a bit more pink to it ;)  

After that, you're pretty much done ;) 


Pretty kan? :D 

Hope this picture tutorial thought you how to do your own Lace Detailed French Manicure, without having to burn a hole in your pocket. 

other color options, that I've tried, Hot Pink.
Did this back in November last year for the Genting Trip <3

PS: Happy Chinese New Year WABBITS :3

Nickynic

2 comments:

pj said...

hi, may i know where you got the plates?

nicole cheong said...

Hey there, I got it from this website - www.nailfiesta.com. Or if you're from Malaysia it's also available at this shop called inQbox in One Utama, or Curve's weekend flea market. Hope this helped :)